|unofficial fan-made poster - via|
First up is the panel from Comic-Con, which featured Andrew Garfield, Dane DeHaan, and Jamie Foxx, along with director Marc Webb (July 19).
Highlights Of The Comic-Con Panel
- Garfield appeared in character as Spider-Man for a few minutes and joked around with Foxx.
- Foxx explains his character's motivation to want to destroy Spider-Man. He says Max Dillon (Electro) at first idolizes Spider-Man, but (after he transforms into Electro) he feels betrayed by Spidey and everyone else.
- Garfield gives props to the first Spider-Man - Tobey Maguire - when a fan made a comparison to Garfield and Maguire.
- Webb says that Electro is the main villain that Spidey fights, and Paul Giammati's Rhino was added for a little humor.
- Garfield mentions how much he'd like to see Spider-Man appear in the sequel to 2012's The Avengers (now titled Avengers: Age of Ultron).
If you want to read a more detailed breakdown of the proceedings, HitFix has a good write-up.
Here's Spidey making his entrance (via).
After the panel, Webb was asked how the sequel differs from the the first movie. He replied that the main thing he wanted to emphasize was how much fun being Spider-Man would be. He says that all the other movies haven't really shown what a "blast" Spider-Man is having. Check out Webb's remarks below.
We also got a peek at the cover of next month's Empire magazine, which features you-know-who.
The pic below - showing Dane DeHaan, Andrew Garfield, and Jamie Foxx - is courtesy of The Amazing Spider-Man Facebook page.
Finally, if you need even more Spidey news, Collider has ya covered. Watch the video below for an interview with Webb. It has new info on the future of the Spidey movie franchise. At the 2:12 mark, the director talks about how they came up with the idea for a trilogy at first, and then added a fourth film later.