|unofficial fan art|
Since we learned back in August that the title of the next movie in the X-Men franchise would be titled X-Men:Days of Future Past, there's been a lot of rumors, but precious few facts to go on. After a little research, I came up with the following fifteen things that are known as of October 29, 2012. Check out the list below and let me know what you think.
X-Men:Days of Future Past
1. It won't be directed by Matthew Vaughn, as originally announced by Twentieth Century Fox. (This was a big surprise, so close to the start of production. Still not sure of the story behind Vaughn's bailing on this movie.)
2. As of October, 29, 2012, a director hasn't been hired. (Update: Oct. 30, 2012 - It was announced that Bryan Singer would take over the directing duties.)
3. It will be based on the 1981 Marvel comic book series of the same name, by Chris Claremont and John Byrne.
4. It will involve time-travel and have a "sci-fi style" - according to Marvel consultant, Mark Millar.
5. It will have robots! (again, via Millar)
6. It goes into production in January 2013.
7. Bryan Singer, who co-wrote, and directed the first two X-Men movies, is one of the producers.
8. James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, and Jennifer Lawrence will reprise their roles from X-Men: First Class.
9. The filming schedule of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire was adjusted to allow Jennifer Lawrence to film "Days".
10. It opens in theaters on July 18, 2014.
11. Famke Janssen, who played Jean Grey/Phoenix in the first X-Men trilogy, has teased that she might be back for "Days".
12. Bryan Singer has mentioned his desire to "bring some connectivity between the flms" - meaning, connecting the first X-Men trilogy with the First Class storyline. This might mean Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, and Hugh Jackman (and other actors) could reprise their roles.
13. Hugh Jackman, who's played Logan/Wolverine in five X-Men films (and will appear in a sixth in 2013 - The Wolverine) has expressed an interest in appearing in "Days".
14. Patrick Stewart, who played Charles Xavier/Professor X in the first trilogy, said "...there is every possibility." that he would appear in "Days".
15. This will be the seventh X-Men movie since 2000.
Okay, so how did I do? Did this list answer any questions you had about Days of Future Past? If you're an X-Men fan and have some info to add, hit me up on your favorite social network.